The Sling Along
Ideal for Work, Travel or EVERYDAY!
(For info about fabrics we’ve used in our samples, scroll down to read the blog post featuring that particular sample OR…click HERE)
Wear it "sling-style" as a BackPack, a ChestPack or even Shoulder-style!
Plenty of room for your important work stuff & your more important play stuff!
Outer drop-down pocket can be accessed with or without unclipping the side-release buckle.
Oodles of Storage – roomy zippered pouch pocket for secure storage
Perfect for keys, phone, glasses, makeup & MORE!
PLUS a hidden, easy-to-reach storage niche that seals shut w/a reassuring SNAP!
A zippered back pocket for easy access to documents or travel papers!
Sized perfectly for an iPad Air (or smaller).
And now... a FUN, NEW, OPTIONAL add-on!
a Zippered, Convertible strap tutorial!
Yep! If you opt to add this tutorial to your purchase we'll show you how to create a zippered,
convertible strap that can substituted for the sling-style strap included in your Sling Along pattern
which will give you the option of carrying your bag "sling-style" or as a TRUE backpack with a
simple zip of a zipper.
* This tutorial is optionally available below as an add-on with or without an accompanying notions kit.
Please note that this tutorial is NOT a stand-alone pattern. It is a separate purchase meant to used in
conjunction with the Sling Along pattern.
Our 1st true Unisex Bag!
Perfect for guys AND gals!
Choose more neutral, even masculine fabric combinations to create a “Man Bag’ your guy will love carrying for work or travel!
Color Pictorial Helps (and a correction for step 25)…
are just a click away!
Click the link below for an important pattern labeling correction for step 25.
Click on the links below to access a few color pdf’s
that might be helpful during the following construction steps!
- Steps A1- A4: Placing & Stitching Magnetic Snaps in place
- Step D1: Stitching Corner Darts in place
- Steps 18-19: Stitching in the 1st Zipper Pouch in Lining
- Step 16f: Shortening Your Purse Zipper
- Step 20: Securing Side Edge of Zipper
- Steps 27 a+b: Adding Top & Bottom Niche
- Steps 28 – 30: Adding the Final Zipper Pouch
- Steps 45: Securing the Puffy Areas on the Bag Back
We used “Skylines” by Hoffman Fabrics to create the beautiful cover sample
for our Sling Along pattern and NOW we can make that fabric (along with a layout of how we used it),
available to you on our website! You can easily add it to your order along with your pattern above,
or click HERE for more info about it or any of the other beautiful bag fabrics we carry!
Watch how the Sling Along pattern
was conceived & developed!
Including insider info about the fabrics we used for each sample!
Come along on the creative journey with us by clicking each link individually.
- 4/23/18 – The Inspiration & Sketchwork
- 4/26/18 – That’s One Stylish Gorilla
- 5/1/18 – That Ol’ Travelin’ Bone
- 5/15/18 – A Taste of the Southwest
- 5/23/18 – Wild & Uncorked
- 5/28/18 – It’s Got Mystique
- 6/5/18 – Familiar Skylines
- 6/10/18 – Of Purple & Paisley
- 6/15/18 – Choosing the “Sling Along” Cover Model
- 6/21/18 – Time to “Man Up”
- 6/25/18 – The Sling Along Pattern Cover Revealed
- 6/29/18 – The Sling Along Pattern Revealed
- 7/7/18 – Let’s hear it for Our Testers